"By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;
through knowledge its rooms are filled with
rare and beautiful treasures." Proverbs 24:3,4
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Fellowship dinner, April 4, 2010
A big pot of delicious (pozole) corn and chicken soup. . . Served up with lots of fresh garnish. Irving and Marianna and their little daughter Dana. New attending family. Alonso receiving needed encouragement to show up to church on time.
Oh - that corn and chicken soup sure brings back memories - and all the toppings on the tables! Marta served that to us when we had dinner with them the evening before we left to return home. Could you tell me how to make that soup? It was so good! I was tempted to try it, but the corn wasn't just "corn" - it was more liked popped corn in the soup and I'm not really sure how to do that! We love to see pics of the church happenings - it's so exciting to us to see the work of the Lord down there in our sister church. God's strength!
I know what Rich is saying in the picture where he's encouraging the guy to come to church on time....."If I can make it on time, with all my kids and my wife, who runs madly around every Sunday morning, gathering up everything she needs, putting finishing touches on the noon meal, wiping messy faces and tucking in errant shirt-tails, surely you can do it, too!" :)
6 Comments:
Thanks for all the updates, Ange! May the Lord continue to grant your family & His church there His rich blessing!
Oh - that corn and chicken soup sure brings back memories - and all the toppings on the tables! Marta served that to us when we had dinner with them the evening before we left to return home. Could you tell me how to make that soup? It was so good! I was tempted to try it, but the corn wasn't just "corn" - it was more liked popped corn in the soup and I'm not really sure how to do that! We love to see pics of the church happenings - it's so exciting to us to see the work of the Lord down there in our sister church. God's strength!
I know what Rich is saying in the picture where he's encouraging the guy to come to church on time....."If I can make it on time, with all my kids and my wife, who runs madly around every Sunday morning, gathering up everything she needs, putting finishing touches on the noon meal, wiping messy faces and tucking in errant shirt-tails, surely you can do it, too!" :)
It's nice to see all the new pictures here, Ange! We're praying for you folks!
Love the picture of Rebecca Leigh at swimming! :) Nice pictures!
Thanks for the encouragment y'all. It is a lot easier to encourage others, when you are encouraged yourself. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home