Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Very Blessed Week


Our home was "Grand Central Station" last week with the summer evangelism team's activities beginning and ending there every day. It was a very blessed week. How could it not be with everyone pouring out their best efforts for the sake of the Lord's work here in Tepic. Many prayers were answered. Our little Rebekah-Leigh's cough slowly subsided as the days went on. The threatening clouds did not rain except for one night. This is always a real miracle since we are in rainy season now and it has rained every day since the team left. We have some new contacts to follow up on as a result of the programs in the neighbourhoods of Tepic. And a number of people have expressed appreciation for the spiritual encouragement they received on the weekend retreat. The meals and hospitality were my major responisibility, and I must say that I felt the Lord's strength and help in all the business. The five girls that stayed in our home were very sweet and helpful, and worked hard in the kitchen as well as with the kids' clubs and retreat. Not to forget the three men, who stayed at the mission, but showed up every morning before breakfast ready to help as well.
My kids survived the week as well as can be expected. It is very exciting for them to have so many people around, and to go out every day to do the programs. There are lots of opportunities for them to get involved. However, they also miss their naps, go to bed late, don't eat their food properly, etc., etc. By the end of the retreat, Jacob had a fever. However, we are all getting rested up again, and are back on track. My house is back together as of this morning finally. I am still battling getting my laundry dry in the constant rain, but in between times am taking time to read to the kids, and sit on the couch and smile at the baby. :)
We are now looking forward to seeing family and friends soon. We leave for Canada on the 30th!! The kids are already asking, "Can we go tomorrow?!" and are busy preparing notes and cards to give to everyone when we get there. Thanks to all who prayed for us, and who wrote encouraging emails. It really made us feel that the "burden of bearing the light" was shared by our church family.
Right now, I am using the Anderson's Mac laptop and enjoying the success in posting pictures. I may have to give it back to them soon though :(, so I may not be able to post as much as I would like.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

We are so thankful to hear that things went so well. We prayed for you all daily. It looks like a great benefit to have that trailer! I remember loading so much stuff onto Dad's van.
We are also very eager to see your family very soon :)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Rich and Cher said...

What a wonderful answer to prayer! We know the Lord always answers according to His own will - but it seems like so often His perfect will is to have your plans for the team go ahead "as planned"!! I can only imagine the wear and tear on the kids during the excitment - glad all is getting back to normal and you have time to sit and smile at your baby :) Can't wait to see you - we'll be praying for your trip.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Thanks for the update Ange. I guess you need to get a Mac? :) Jer would be pleased... We look forward to seeing you all soon!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home